These Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers will make dinner time super simple. Easy stuffed peppers start in the slow cooker. Set it and forget it is my favorite way to get a meal on the table and I am sure it will be yours as well.
Stuffed Peppers can sometimes seem like an intimidating recipe but it doesn’t have to be. I believe using a slow cooker helps keep the flavor of the bell peppers. They do not become overly soggy or easily burnt like they can when baked in the oven.
How do you cut peppers for stuffed peppers?
Cutting peppers for stuffed peppers isn’t hard. I know that bell peppers can sometimes seem delicate. Use these simple steps to properly cut peppers for stuffed peppers.
- Lay the pepper on its side and in a fluid motion, cut the top stem section at about a half of an inch.
- Use a paring knife to remove the remaining pith and seeds. I like to use my fingers first to pull out what I can and then cut.
- Turn over your pepper and shake out any excess seeds. You can also use water to wash out the center.
- For this recipe, you will want to remove the stem and keep some of the tops for later. Gently pull the stem off of the tops. It should pop right off.
How long will stuffed peppers keep in the fridge?
Refrigerate the peppers in shallow airtight containers or resealable plastic bags. Properly stored, cooked peppers will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
What is is the best pepper color to use for stuffed peppers?
I personally think red peppers are the best to use for slow cooker stuffed peppers. Red peppers are bit sweeter than orange, yellow, or green. They are a ripened green pepper and I find that the sweet flavor offsets the ground beef and cheese perfectly.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Ingredients
- 5 large red bell peppers
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 2 tbsp of A1 Steak Sauce
- 6 oz of tomato paste
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheese for topping
How to Make Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- Cut the tops of each red bell pepper and discard the pith and seeds.
- Remove the stem from the tops and dice 1/2 cup of the tops to use for the filling.
- Combine diced pepper tops, cooked ground beef, onion, steak sauce, tomato paste (pour in one can of water in with mixture), and cooked rice into large bowl. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff each pepper with the mixture and place into slow cooker.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of water at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or until red bell peppers are tender.
- Just before serving, add cheese over the top of each stuffed red pepper and let melt.
More Weekday Dinner Recipes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440